From the 4th till 10th May 2015, it is screen free week: children and families can rediscover the joys of life beyond the screen…
So unplug the digital entertainment: these little ballerinas are the perfect excuse to get crafty!
What you’ll need
- A4 paper (colour of your choice)
- Crayons and pastels
- Cupcake liners
How to make it
- Cut your A4 sheet in half lengthwise to make two approximately 4½” by 11½” strips.
- Trace the ballerina template (see below) once at the end of the card.
- Fold the paper strip into equal sections of accordion pleats – be careful to match up the paper at the elbows and the feet making a sharp crease.
- Hold the folded strip firmly and cut carefully around the ballerina figure going through all layers of the paper …but do NOT cut around the elbows and the feet, making sure you leave portions of paper attached!
- Unfold the paper strip to reveal your ballerina chain.
- Using your crayons, add faces, cheeks and hair to the ballerinas as well as leotards and ballet slippers.
- When the ballerinas are complete, you can move on to the tutus: simply fold a cupcake liner in half and glue it to the doll!
You can tape few chains together until you are happy that your beautiful paper chain is long enough …now hang it up in your little one’s bedroom and adore it for days to come!
Please note that as this craft requires scissors, young children will definitely need help from an adult!