The weather is getting colder, the days are getting shorter…what to do with the children on Friday night after school (inside or out)?
A box car drive-in-film night is a fab option and has to be one of the coolest activity for children! Start by decorating the cars then move on to making popcorn and watching a movie: fun, easy, creative and inexpensive…what more can a parent ask for?
What you’ll need
- Large cardboard boxes
- Paper plates
- Double sided sticky tape or glue
- Projector and white sheet (but a TV will do!)
How to make it
- Fold the top flaps in instead of cutting them off. These can be bent to make a dashboard and helps to keep the box sturdy when the kids are leaning against the sides.
- Paint the box
- Add details like front lights, doors, numbers on the side, ‘personalised’ number plates …anything goes!
- Add the steerring wheel and the 4 wheels (made of paper plates)
- While the cars are drying, make popcorn with the children ready for movie time!
…older children (or braver parents!) could also create a cardboard ticket booth, some paper tickets and a popcorn stand.