You don’t have to go to the beach to play with sand this summer.
Moon Sand, Cloud Sand, Warm Snow…call it what you will but there’s no doubt about it: it’s amazing for sensory play, it’s a cool project to do together and it spells F.U.N!
What you’ll need
- 4 cups of Flour
- 1 cup of Baby Oil or Vegetable Oil
- Chalk or Food Colouring (optional)
How to make it
- Place your flour in abowl and pour in the oil – you can use baby oil if you like the fragrance but vegetable oil is a good choice if you have young children playing who might be tempted to have a little taste!
- Stir, stir, stir until all the ingredients combine and your cloud dough forms. The texture should be like pastry: it will hold together is you squish it in your hand, but then crumble again if you rub it.
- If you want to colour the sand, just add some crushed or grated coloured chalk (or alternatively a few drops of food colouring).
The best part is that it keeps for a long time in an air tight container or a Ziploc bag…hours of entertainment!