“Snowflake, snowfake, little snowflake. Little snowflake falling from the sky.”
Last year we didn’t see a single snowflake. So why not create your own little snowflake scene indoor while waiting for the real ones to arrive this winter? This (practically mess-free!) frost paint is really easy to do and nothing short of magical…
What you’ll need
- Epsom salt
- Heavy paper or card stock (black or blue)
- Paint brushes
How to make it
- Measure an equal amount of water and Epsom salt (1/2 cup water to 1/2 cup salt should be plenty).
- Heat the water in a microwave or a kettle until it is boiling.
- Mix the water and salt together (stir until the salts are fully dissolved) and let cool.
- Start painting on your dark paper…now watch carefully: as the paint dries, it will crystallize and look like ice: sooo cool!!
If you wish, you can use white paper and add a few drops of food colouring of your choice to the water/Epsom salt mix…not as mess-free but equally impressive!