There is still plenty of time before you really have to think about Christmas, but why not turn a few gloomy November days into crafting fun with the children and create an exciting advent calendar together?
If like us, Ben 10 calendars are not really your cup of tea (what has it got to do with Christmas anyway?!) then here’s an idea that looks beautiful and surely beats a piece of cardboard filled with ‘pretend’ chocolate shapes!
What you’ll need
- 24 recycled and cleaned food tins
- White acrylic spray paint
- Numbers (found in magazines)
- Bright tissue paper
How to make it
- Spray paint the food tins with white spray paint – leave to dry.
- Cut out big numbers (from 1 to 24) from magazines …or print them out if you do not have the patience!
- Glue the numbers onto the painted tins.
- Fill the tins with anything that tickles your fancy (chocolate, riddles, special Christmas decoration, mini treasure hunt around the house, stickers, crayons, Christmas knickers…even Ben 10 figures!!)
- Close them with bright tissue paper tied with ribbon.
- Stack them up in the shape of a Christmas tree.
…let the Christmas countdown commence!